Dynamic Systems Inc. has been pioneering Thermal-Mechanical Physical Simulation for 60 years. Join our team and be a part of a rapidly growing, exciting high-tech manufacturing firm.
Located in scenic Poestenkill, NY (just outside of Troy, NY), employment at DSI offers:
> Potential for world-wide travel
> Competitive pay
> Opportunity to work with cutting edge research and technology
DSI is currently seeking qualified candidates for the following role(s):
Embedded Systems Developer
This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
- Review system-level requirements and process them into hardware and software specifications
- Conceptualize and document software and hardware architecture
- Lead the detailed design and development of embedded systems and software
- Provide software architecture support to project management and technical teams
- Manage tasks from software design concept through prototype fabrication and final integration
- Fabrication and test of electronic subassemblies and prototypes
- Design and implement embedded code following existing conventions
- Develop test plans, then execute the test through unit tests and integration tests
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Generation of drawing packages and other technical documentation
- Provide technical contributions and leadership in the design and development of embedded systems, including hardware selection, software approaches, customer usability, design tradeoffs, etc.
- Provide support to Service Engineers and customers on current and legacy software and hardware systems
- Produce written documentation of technical work, including system design diagrams, assembly documentation, ICD, test plans, and technical manuals
- Train, mentor, and support other engineering, service, and sales staff
- MS, or BS with equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience with strong C/C++ development skills and a fundamental understanding of embedded software architecture and development
- 5+ years of technical leadership in embedded systems development
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a team environment
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, outstanding written and oral communication skills, and good organizational skills
- Familiarity with basic RF communications, digital signal processing concepts, serial interfaces, network protocols, and FPGA usage
- Experience with Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) in an embedded environment
- Proficiency with coding in, Java, Python, C#, and scripting languages a plus
- Prior experience working with high speed machine control and data acquisition
- Willingness to work on quick-reaction projects in support of DSI and customer requirements
- Experience with RFI testing and UL, CA, and CE electrical and safety certification standards
- Experience writing high performance motion controllers including cascaded servo systems
- Theory of operation of electronic measurement devices such as LVDTs, strain gauges, encoders, and thermocouples
The successful candidate will receive an attractive base salary plus an incentive bonus based on performance as well as a flexible benefits package.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the success of our growing company, then we want to hear from you!
Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
DSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters please.
Resumes and cover letters can also be sent in hard copy to the address below:
DSI Human Resources Department
323 NY 355
Poestenkill NY 12140 USA